Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The one with an annual female friend

Since valentine's day is around the corner, it reminded me that it is time for me to contact all my eligible male friends. In the sense, they are just my friends but seem to be very popular among ladies. To clear my point, they are not playboys, they just happen to have done engineering in Thailand where only one-third of the population are boys. Now, what I mean by contacting is, if they were to receive dark chocolates on the occasion, they are mine by the treaty of brotherhood.

While I have always felt like DUFF of the group, one thing that almost always happened each passing year of engineering was a new female friend right around the corner of valentine's day. From taking a peak interest in me, my research and eventually my friends. The moment I told them that my guy friend was in a relationship they quit being friends with me. 

So, this is a three part story, the first is a long lost friend who contacted me though social media and inquired whereabouts about a dear guy friend. While they did end up being friends, the word, "I like you" by her was enough for my friend to be enraged and eventual deactivation of social media. Well needless to say she unfriended me.

The second, we shall call it the one where I could not see it. In a gathering full of girls, when I invited my guy friends, all my female friends were doting on these men. When the party was over, I walked with one of them, stopped him in the middle of the road, checked him out because we had been friends for five years and I still could not see what was so enchanting about him. I do adore him from the bottom of my heart, but I do fail to see the charm.

The third was with the invitation for group dinner, from just acknowledging my presence for 3 months, the things changed within a weekend when a dear female friend of mine had lunch with this particular guy friend. And it ended with regards and almost hugs, which I am not used to.

While there may have been a perception that I may put out a good word, I cannot. I have no power over my dear guy friends. So this is a commemoration letter to all the possible friendship I lost because I had likable guy friends but I still happen to be waiting for all the dark chocolates. 





1 comment: