Saturday, January 5, 2019

In pursuit of happiness

Was it the first chicken curry
or the bite and an eventual dig into rasbari
my first moments of happiness, were these treats
to eyes, mouth and heart

The sound of rain, the eventual dancing drain
Kishor Kumar in radio, hot tea the duo
the aroma it brought to the air, the sound the smell
to ear, nose, skin and soul, were my growing up happy moments

The first hike, the first flight,
the wind in the air, invisible wings, the sudden lift,
the passion and love for travel and independence
happy moments were those of discovery of self

An education, internship, working with machines,
a consistence, hunger for knowledge,
coffee in the side table, a sigh of relief
creating models, creating happiness I was in nutshells

the first holding of hands, the whistling of the winds
the strums of guitars, sundress in the park
smiling shy because I felt beautiful
apparently I gave my happiness to somebody else

Now that I have me, my loneliness and my pursuit of happiness
to say I can't go on without you is a lie, not at all in my shyness
I go back to the chicken curry, the songs, the downpour,
the yellow sundress, the passion of work and to childhood

Never did i realize before that little thing were the ones that brought me happiness
The smile of the loved one, an experiment in the kitchen
hot chocolate in cold day, the smell of festival
the blossoming of new friendship and the euphoria of old ones
grateful for the universe I have, forever and beyond










No comments:

Post a Comment