Saturday, January 19, 2019

House

We built a house together to live in,
foundation till the bright red chimney.
Every brick we lay were from our love,
the paint to resemble the color of trust.

A study for you, a library for me,
a fireplace where we met to talk about stars.
Two strings played in the back,
while I curled to the warmth,
we were happy as we could be.

Then came the lies and secrets,
we walked through it,
if we have trust we have everything, we said.
To walk one day and find the disrespect,
I walked out from the house to find me.

But lost are me in those rooms that do not see light,
I come back every once in a while to collect me from it.
But to see that you are gone, not any of your stuffs there
makes me question if it ever was something we built together.

So I wonder and think if the house is worth saving,
may be its time to abandon it,
although each brick we lay brings memories,
am I to steal these brick to build a house of my own,
or to leave it there where it lies, as if it has no value.

The new place is empty, stone walls at bay
No fire place because it burns my soul
A room with a window to glace the hopes of rising sun.
At the horizon, I see the unacknowledged house I once called home.

No comments:

Post a Comment