Sunday, May 7, 2023

Dearest

Nothing matters besides the love you give,
I will sail in the sun and the tumultuous water,
your rage, you burn, the hurt you give,
as long as you call me your dearest.

I shall make excuses for you,
your favorites shall be mine too,
hold my hand, I said, let's see the world,
Won't you let me inside your heart?

In 40 years of us, I have been your companion, 
like the shadow behind you, while you shine in the light.
but you my dearest have forgotten of me,
you facing the light, me a shadow

So I write to you again, as I hold your hand,
plead to you in the name of our many children,
re-hear your story, console you on your misfortune.
I have been your giving well, your only well-wisher.

But I am wary my dearest, my heart is hurt, my bones are frail,
I will still try to walk with you even when you run, 
For I am your shadow, I know nothing else, 
just wait for me, a little more,
we may have 20 more years, give or take, my dearest.


No comments:

Post a Comment