Sunday, August 19, 2018

Breathless

Gazing lost in the city, I see you across the crowd
You, your signature leather jacket, tilted smile and crossed hands
It had been a while since I had seen you,
I wait to see if it is you, if I daydreamed

As soon as I know it is you, I run, run away
To my bubble, the home, to the place no one can hurt me
But my walls are far away, I run, I turn and there you are
closer and closer, I feel my heart beating, you made me feel

The loss of proximity, your perseverance
"I shall never let go", those voices resonate 
"I know,
 never will I find someone like you"

And there you were inch to inch,
trying to hold hands, I retaliate, 
"I shall hurt you", I said
"What hurts more is not be able to call you mine"

I turn to run, and as I do
I turn to see emptiness, 
Empty sheets and cold heart.
A dream it was.

Seems like I held on to nothing but thin air
You were the air, your words weightless
You hit me like a whirlwind, a hurricane,
and now I am out of breath




No comments:

Post a Comment