Thursday, July 11, 2024

Redamancy

There is a part of me that yearns,

to be found and loved.

I look for it in the mountains, 

hoping to profess my love and hear it back in the echoes.


Like a kite flying freely yet tethered, 

pull my strings if I stray, 

keep me safe on a stormy day,

dream with me for a sunny sky.


But I know I am a liar and a cheat.

I begged for the love I coveted 

and I have truly never returned it back,

not in the same manner, not with the same empathy.


So, while I stare back at the mirror with my entitlement, 

I wonder at the sheer audacity of the dreamers,

those who jumped off a cliff with fate in their love hoping to be saved.

Brave or foolish are all the results of the outcome it seems.

And those of the self-sacrificing angles,

who give up on their love for it the only way to see the one they love happy.


In the existence of these conundrums, 

I may never know the answers to these questions,

I write with the thoughts of redamare.

Oh, what it means to be fully loved in return for your love? 

and how do you know that you ever know that you are fully loved in return?

No comments:

Post a Comment